Skip to main content

Regina Smeltzer

Burb-
East Kansas is the picture postcard of Christmas with the mountain peaks, wreath-covered storefronts and holiday music streaming into the streets. During the holiday season, ice skating on Miller Pond is the main social outlet for the town. A new road through the mountains will ease the town’s economic struggle, but will destroy the pond which is fiercely protected by Olivia Miller. Even though Olivia hates Thomas Baker, the man hired to build the road and destroy her family’s legacy, she also finds herself unexplainably drawn to him.

Thomas Baker plans to spend another Christmas alone until he is offered a chance to supervise the construction of a new road. His excitement fades when he finds out the job is in East Kansas, the one place he swore to never return to. Besides avoiding the man who lives there, Thomas must protect his heart against the young girl who stole it 15 years ago.

Just as Olivia and Thomas begin to kindle a relationship, history between their two families surfaces. The past threatens to kill both their futures as well as the road. Will this be the last Christmas for East Kansas?

A Christmas miracle is needed in East Kansas.


I am willing to give away a copy of the book. Please comment to be entered into a random draw for this.


Bio-
I love the unusual, the unexpected, and ALWAYS cheer for the underdog! My favorite experiences include riding a runaway camel in Egypt and catching Camen in the Amazon and holding a snake-charmer’s python. My biggest adventure was marrying a career military man and raising four children. Now five grandchildren hold my heart.  

I wrote my first story in grade school (Akron, Ohio), and had my first short story published at age fifteen. During my busy motherhood and nursing career years, my writing included developing protocols, writing grants, and creating workshops, as well as creating puppet shows for VBS, and providing holiday dramas for my church.

I moved from Ohio to Darlington, South Carolina in 2006, took an assistant professor position at Francis Marion University and also began teaching online as an adjunct for Indiana Wesleyan University. I love speaking to groups about my faith, my life’s challenges, and my writing journey. I currently have three novels published by Pelican Book Group, Deadly Decision, Retribution, and Light of Logan and one novella, Christmas in East Kansas.


buy link

Comments

LoRee Peery said…
East Kansas isn't far from Nebraska...I look forward to reading this story.

Popular posts from this blog

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

Son of the Mountain King by O.R.Sykora

  Blurb:  When an invasion threatens the land of the Mountain King, the fate of the people rests on the shoulders of young governor Judah. She has sworn to prove herself a skillful leader by protecting her kingdom from foes, but difficulty and danger surround her.   Then Judah’s life is saved by two different men who divide her loyalty. One, a fascinating healer, captures the hearts of Judah and her people. The other, a mysterious shepherd, forces Judah to question what she believes to be true.   When a conspiracy comes to light that could destroy Judah and her kingdom, a single choice might cost her people everything. Will the headstrong leader prove herself—or find herself trapped? Extract:    This was always my favorite part.   At a signal, a few young men stepped forward bearing beautifully ornamented boxes. The wood was intricately carved with mountain settings and animals, with graceful accents of gold and precious stones. The first young ma...