Skip to main content

Jody Day




Blurb:

Evan Edwards faces another lonely Christmas in the dorm. His mom is off on her fourth, or maybe fifth honeymoon. A rain soaked ad promises free room and board in exchange for holiday decorating. Evan jumps at the chance to spend Christmas in a real home and heads for Candle, Tx. The owners won't be home until Christmas Day, so he's free to practice their piano for his graduation recital. Across the street Rise' Larkin is also home from college with some bad news for her dad. As their friendship grows, Evan discovers he's been living in and decorating the wrong house! Will this Mistletoe Mix-up ruin everything?

Excerpt:

"Oh, and one more thing. The chef’s father will try to help you with the decorating. Under no circumstances must you allow him. He has a heart condition," Cartier said.

"I hear you. I’ll be sure and not let that happen."

"Well, all right, then. We can be hard to reach sometimes, but as I said, the numbers of my people the states are posted. The decorations are in the basement. You won’t have any trouble finding the door in the kitchen that leads down."

"Fine, thanks very much. Mr. Cartier, you wouldn’t happen to have a piano, would you?" Evan asked.

"Oui. A Steinway. Will that do?"

"Oh, yes. I need to practice for my graduation recital." This just kept getting better and better.

"Well, you’re welcome to play it. Possibly you could play some Christmas carols at our party that day?"

"Sure! Perfect. Thanks again. Bye."

"Au revoir." Mr. Cartier ended the call.

The increasing rainstorm and Cartier’s thick accent made Candle sound like something else, but Evan knew where it was. Just two hours down I-20 East toward Dallas. Alone again, but at least it wouldn’t be in the freezing dorm where they turned down the thermostat over the break. He’d be in a home, with decorations.

He splashed through puddles to the dorm and scrounged his closet for a backpack. Some jeans, a couple of sweaters—that should be enough. He scooped up his car keys and made his way to the parking lot. Maybe he’d run by the dime store and grab one of the giant candy canes his mom used to stick in his hot chocolate. No matter how broke she was, she always got him hot chocolate and a big one dollar candy cane.

His mother texted him just as he started the car.

‘Bout to board, Merry Christmas, sweetheart.'

He returned with, 'OK Mom. Found a job in Candle, TX over the break.'

He’d barely inserted the key into the ignition when she replied. 

'Text me the address so I can send you something.'

He decided to call her. He wanted to hear her voice.

No answer.

Onward to Candle, Texas


buy link

Comments

Jody said…
Thanks, Clare!
LoRee Peery said…
What a fun read this will be. Can't wait!

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...