Skip to main content

Phooey Kerflooey: Three Kids And A Puppy vs The Squirrel Of The Apocalypse by Kristen Joy Wilkes

Kristen says "Once upon a time, our family of three young boys welcomed a princess into our home. A furry princess, a princess who ended up weighing more than they did, was terrified of haybales and bags of chicken feed, and refused to drink out of anything but her own special mug. Our boys were charmed by their puppy princess and asked that I write a story based on her. It took me seven years, but finally I present to you Phooey Kerflooey! While our own boys delighted in Princess Leia Freyja’s scaredy-cat antics and princess ways, the boys in the story take a bit longer to appreciate Phooey’s gifts. However, I pray that you will enjoy their journey together as they battle the squirrel of the apocalypse and search for perfect peace amidst a storm of chaos."

And I loved this one. It's gone straight back into the TBR pile.

A puppy will fix everything. 

A boring new house? 

Boring house + puppy = adventure! 

 

An attacking squirrel? 

Evil squirrel + puppy = a squirrel-battle extraordinaire! 

 

A daredevil brother who zooms into constant peril?

Rowdy sibling + puppy = calm days snuggling their furry friend!

 

What could possibly go wrong?

When Marcus’s dog dreams finally come true, something is indeed terribly wrong. Phooey Kerflooey is eighteen pounds larger than expected. She will only eat organic lunch meat and drink from a china teacup. Plus, she is terrified of absolutely everything, including his brother’s wheelchair and that troublesome squirrel. 

How can Marcus find “perfect peace,” like in Isaiah 26:3, when God has given him a whole lot of chaos? 

Through a raucous tornado of personal growth, the boys and Phooey work together to save the day. But when the dust (and squirrel poo) settles, can they convince Dad and Mom to let them keep their puppy princess?

Amazon UK. 

Amazon US

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...