Skip to main content

Carnations in January by Clare Revell



Yes, a break from the Christmas books for a second or two. Today sees the launch of my new series. 12 books for the 12 flowers of the year. One a month for the next year :)


Blurb
After Grace Chadwick receives a surprise inheritance from her aunt–a house and a florist shop--she moves in after the funeral. While she doesn't know the first thing about flowers, she sees this an answer to her prayers--the new start she desperately needs.When Elliot Wallac drops by his new neighbor's house with casserole, he finds the house next door has problems. Damp walls and a sagging floor set his builders senses on alert. But this house needs more than a cosmetic fix, inspection reveals more extensive issues. Like Grace's spiritual life, the house is suffering from neglect at the very foundation. With God's guidance can Elliot help Grace repair her home and her faith before both are condemned?

extract

Elliott glanced at her as he sat. “There must be someone who had time for you, surely?”
“No. Well, Aunt Tilja did, maybe, but she’s gone now. Everyone else was worried about finding Hope or saving Faith from one mistake after another. But I’m simply, well to use my nickname, which I hate by the way, Amazing Grace—the person who can do anything she puts her mind to. Only I can’t.”
“Tilja must have thought so. Otherwise why leave you all she had? The shop, house, and so on.” He reached over the table and touched her hand, his fingers warm against her cold skin.
“She was wrong. I can’t do everything. I can’t do this for a start.”
“Don’t put yourself down. Look on this as a second chance. A chance to find both yourself and God.”
She held his gaze, wanting to jump into those clear blue eyes and drown. “Why would anyone want to find me? I’m no one, Elliott. No one important. I’m just—”
“You’re just Grace.” His tone was gentle, his gaze intense. “And Grace is important to a lot of people, even if they don’t show it. Come with me to church tomorrow, please. I’ll pick you up at ten. Or are you really intending to work?”

Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

Son of the Mountain King by O.R.Sykora

  Blurb:  When an invasion threatens the land of the Mountain King, the fate of the people rests on the shoulders of young governor Judah. She has sworn to prove herself a skillful leader by protecting her kingdom from foes, but difficulty and danger surround her.   Then Judah’s life is saved by two different men who divide her loyalty. One, a fascinating healer, captures the hearts of Judah and her people. The other, a mysterious shepherd, forces Judah to question what she believes to be true.   When a conspiracy comes to light that could destroy Judah and her kingdom, a single choice might cost her people everything. Will the headstrong leader prove herself—or find herself trapped? Extract:    This was always my favorite part.   At a signal, a few young men stepped forward bearing beautifully ornamented boxes. The wood was intricately carved with mountain settings and animals, with graceful accents of gold and precious stones. The first young ma...