Skip to main content

Review - As Good As She Imagined

As Good As She Imagined by Roxanna Green with Jerry B. Jenkins.

Blurb:

Christina-Taylor Green was beautiful, precocious, smart and popular, a member of her elementary school's student council and the only girl on her Little League team. Born on 9/11/2001, it was perhaps no surprise that she harbored aspirations of becoming a politician-thus her presence at the political rally that fateful day in Tucson last January. Congressman Gabrielle Giffords was severely wounded in the gunman's splay of bullets; six others were killed, including Christina, the youngest of the victims. But this inspirational book recounts far more than the events of 'the tragedy of Tucson.' Written by Christina's mother (with New York Times best-selling biographer Jerry Jenkins), As Good as She Imagined celebrates this little girl's life, along with the hope that has been born out of a nation's loss and a family's grief.

My Review:

January 8th, 2011. A day etched in history. Just like September 11th, 2001. Uniting those two dates is the life of one little girl—the angel of Tuscon, Christina-Taylor Green.

Written by her mother, Roxanna Green and Jerry B. Jenkins, As Good As She Imagined details and celebrates Christina-Taylor’s short life from her birth in the early hours of Sept 11th to her death on Jan 8th.

From smiles of joy to tears of sheer heartbreak, this story is packed full of memories and stories of a short life lived to the full. I admit I cried so much I had to put the book down several times. Not purely because of the depth of emotion the book shows, but as a mother who’s also been in a similar situation.

It holds nothing back as the Green’s rush to the ER and then receives the news that every parent dreads. Their private grief becomes national mourning, yet throughout their faith shines like a beacon.

The official facebook page

Release Date: January 3rd, 2012 and can be pre-ordered now.

Buy links:

Amazon UK

Amazon US

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...