Skip to main content

Release Day - Times Arrow

Today is the release of Times Arrow as part of the Pelican Book Group holiday extravaganza.



Blurb:

Touching a milestone, Jonni Peterson is catapulted through time into a world both familiar and strange. Finding herself in Victorian England, she discovers love in the most unexpected place— at the feet of the man whose carriage knocked her down.

Lord Sebastian Tyler needs to remarry, but preferably not a woman of his mother’s choosing. The woman his carriage runs over both irritates and fascinates him. Could she be the answer to his prayers?

Will the arrow of love find them both before time runs out and the portal to the present reopens?


Extract:

Jonni twisted her head to the left. A young girl of no more than fifteen, wearing a rag cap over her blonde hair, got up and ran from the room. She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could say anything, a girl with dark curls started speaking again.

"My name’s ‘Attie, miss. Now don’ yer go movin’ or nothin’ til t’master’s bin an’ sent for t’doctor. Yer took a nasty bang t’noggin under them ‘orses ‘ooves an’ been asleep for nigh on t’whole day."

Jonni rubbed her head, wishing the girl wasn’t speaking in such a broad dialect. "Horses? I don’t remember any horses."

"According to my driver you all but threw yourself under them, madam. He was hard pressed to stop." The distinctly suave male voice, haughty and disapproving, came from the doorway.

Jonni twisted to look toward the voice. Her eyes widened at the vision of perfect manhood that strode over to the bed, his hands clasped behind his back. His form fitting breeches, shirt, waistcoat, and tail coat showed off his slender figure to perfection. But, why was he in fancy dress? Had she missed a costume party?

Long black hair framed his face and fathomless brown eyes stared down at her as his baritone voice rang out again. "What did you think you were doing running out into the road like that, madam? You could have been killed."

You can pick it up at:

Comments

LoRee Peery said…
I have tingles over the title, the concept, the excerpt. Sounds wonderful.
Donna B said…
I love time travel stories and this one's great!

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...