Skip to main content

cooking up a mystery by Gail Pallotta

 



Cooking up a Mystery is a Kindle Monthly Deal

 

Blurb: 

Laney Eskridge worked to put her husband through dental school. Then he left with another woman. She's on edge from the emotional scars and her parents' deaths. Then she hears unexplained noises in her new tea house, and her anxiety is tripled. Add a budding romance with Eric—a guy with a fear of commitment—and it's all too much to handle. She cuts ties with Eric and plunges into making her business pay off.

When Eric discovers that Laney's in danger, he vows to protect her. But can he make a lasting promise? Will she trust him? . . .and when they overhear a threat that could cause national turmoil, will anyone believe them? There's more brewing than herbal tea in Cooking up a Mystery.

 Buy Links for the Monthly Deal

Amazon u.k. - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=cooking+up+a+mystery+by+gail+pallotta&i=digital-text&crid=X34104RMDHK3&sprefix=%2Cdigital-text%2C157&ref=nb_sb_ss_recent_1_0_recent

Amazon U.S. - https://www.amazon.com/Cooking-up-Mystery-Gail-Pallotta-ebook/dp/B085LJMH5V?ref_=ast_author_mpb

Kobo U.S. - -  https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/cooking-up-a-mystery

Apple U.S. -

https://books.apple.com/us/book/id1501903072?mt=11&app=itunes&id=1501903072

This is the character interview for Laney Eskridge in Cooking up a Mystery.

 

1 What is the last gift you gave someone? [Food for the homeless shelter]

 

2 If a film were made about you, who would you want to play you? [Audrey Hepburn]

 

3 What would you chose as your last meal and why [Pot roast. The recipe comes from my mother and it’s delicious.]

 

4 Cats or dogs [Dogs, but not in my kitchen in my tea house]

 

5 What one thing would you remove from your daily routine and why [Having to clean the bakery case in the dining area late at night after I close. While I’m doing it I hear someone banging around in my kitchen, but when I go in there, no one’s there and nothing’s disturbed. It’s scary.]

 

6 Tea or coffee [Oh, that’s hard. I like both, but it depends on the time of day]

 

7 Describe yourself in one word [Determined]

 

8 If you could change one thing about your personality what would it be [I’d stop hating the husband I put through dental school only to have him leave me for another woman]

 

9 What is your favourite colour [Blue, because that’s what my mom and I picked out for the tea house before she died]

 

10 What car do you drive [SUV for catering food]

 

And now the author interview. You are marooned on a desert island with unlimited food and drink. You have a copy of the Bible and the full works of Shakespeare.

You can also take 8 pieces of music, one other book and a luxury item which isn’t a person, a way of escaping the island or a way of communication.

 

Gail Pallotta for the author interview

Unlimited food and drink

 

To eat I’d like unlimited amounts of fish, pot roast, steak, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, broccoli, cabbage and other veggies. I’m a big fan of fresh vegetables. I even like rhubarb. Is that a vegetable? I think it is. Then I would want yogurt, including chocolate, of course, and smoothies. Lots of dessert, anything chocolate, fruit pies and pecan pie.

 

To drink I would want an endless supply of high grade filtered water, tea of all kinds and herbal coffee.

 

Music

 

I love music, any kind as long as it’s well done, so it’s hard to choose, but here goes. “How Great Thou Art,” sung by Elvis Pressley; “Ebb Tide,” because it’s relaxing; Tchaikovsky Concerto #1, because it’s amazing; “Make the World Go Away,” by Eddie Arnold; “Crazy” by Patsy Cline; “God, We Believe For It” by Cece Winans; “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston. Oh, that’s nine already, and there are more.

 

A book besides the Bible and Shakespeare

 

One other book? Really? Oh my, An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser. (Being a U.S. Southerner, I have to say I’d also like Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...