Skip to main content

Carol Raj and the Curious prayer life of Muriel Smith.




Blurb:
     One unlocked car door, one glance to the left, and suddenly impoverished retiree Muriel Smith is hurtling down the road at an alarming thirty miles per hour!
     Will the teenage carjacker really shoot to kill? Muriel can't die yet. Not until she's accomplished something to make her daughter proud. Not until she's seen her great-grandchild, the unborn baby her granddaughter isn't sure she wants to keep.
     It seems Muriel is running out of time. Especially if her survival depends on her driving skills!

Excerpt:
     “When the car starts moving, you’re going to steer it toward those trees. Try to get the car into the grove without hitting anything. Do you think you can do that?”
     Muriel was pretty sure she couldn’t. Then Kevin’s words from earlier in the day came back to her. Your driving ability’s the only thing keeping you alive….”Sure, I can do that.” She forced a smile onto her face…

Web links:




 As I've said before in several places, I LOVED this book. Yes that's loved all in capital letters. This is an amazing story. All Muriel asked God for was someone to mow her lawn. She didn’t quite get the answer she was expecting. At least not the way she wanted it. So nice to see a story where the heroine is much older, with real aches and pains and needs. Carol Raj has a fantastic way with words, creating a page turner of a story and one I didn't want to end.


Author Interview.

The best money I ever spent for my writing career allowed me to attend an ACFW Conference. Meetings with agents and editors gave me invaluable insight into problems with my then unpublished novel. I also met an editor who suggested two major revisions before she would accept it. If I had sent the manuscript to her without that personal contact, might I have gotten a form rejection? I sometimes wonder.

From a worldly point of view, literary success looks like Charles Dickens. He made a good living as a writer and his books are still read almost 200 years later. From a Christian point of view, I believe a successful book encourages believers or challenges non-believers. Preferably both. But to do either, it has to sell.

If I could be a fictional character for one day, I would be Jo March. No question about it. I’d love to sit in her garret and scribble while Marmee and my sisters worked below. Little Women was one of my favorite childhood books.

As a child, I read a lot of fiction. That I love to read at all is amazing, because my father made me finish every book I started.

A book I read recently that affected me is For One More Day by Mitch Albom. Like the main character, I realized all the sacrifices my mother made when it was too late to thank her. What a blessing it would be to see her one more day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

Son of the Mountain King by O.R.Sykora

  Blurb:  When an invasion threatens the land of the Mountain King, the fate of the people rests on the shoulders of young governor Judah. She has sworn to prove herself a skillful leader by protecting her kingdom from foes, but difficulty and danger surround her.   Then Judah’s life is saved by two different men who divide her loyalty. One, a fascinating healer, captures the hearts of Judah and her people. The other, a mysterious shepherd, forces Judah to question what she believes to be true.   When a conspiracy comes to light that could destroy Judah and her kingdom, a single choice might cost her people everything. Will the headstrong leader prove herself—or find herself trapped? Extract:    This was always my favorite part.   At a signal, a few young men stepped forward bearing beautifully ornamented boxes. The wood was intricately carved with mountain settings and animals, with graceful accents of gold and precious stones. The first young ma...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...