Skip to main content

New Release - TURNED


Blurb:
Turned upside down by misadventure. Amy Childs is running late for a party, when she makes an illegal U turn, and hits a pedestrian—the brother of one of the most corrupt men in town. Now her brush with the law has her running for her life from those who want retribution.

Torn apart by tragedy. Detective Sgt Dane Philips lost his wife two years ago to a serial killer. He’s juggled work and his two daughters ever since, but can no longer cope. A live in nanny seems the solution. He knows he shouldn’t hire someone without references, but he needs a nanny and Amy needs a job. Perhaps it’s an answer to prayer.

But for all of them, the nightmare is only beginning as the events take a sinister turn. And only a miracle can save them all from destruction.

tagline: Three lives torn apart by tragedy and one more turned upside down by misadventure, only a miracle can save them all from total destruction.

tweet:
Turned: 3 lives torn apart by tragedy,1 turned upsidedown by misadventure, what can save them from total destruction http://tinyurl.com/q9wkear

Extract:
She got out of the car. Her legs buckled, not wanting to hold her up. She glanced to her right. The guy in the blue shirt lay on the pavement, surrounded by police and paramedics. A huge crowd of onlookers stood everywhere. “Is…is he dead?”
“No. What’s your name?”
“Amy.”
“Amy what?”
“Amy Childs.” She couldn’t tear her eyes away from the scene.
“Have you had anything to drink in the last hour?”
“No. I don’t drink.”
“Breathe into this until I say stop.”
She frowned. “I told you, I don’t drink.” But she did as the police officer asked. “Can I go now? I have somewhere I have to be.”
“Amy Childs,” the police officer spoke firmly, pulling her hands behind her back. “I’m arresting you on suspicion of dangerous driving.”
“What? It was only a U-turn…”
“You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defense if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.” Metal cuffs snapped around her wrists and firm hands put her into the back of the police car.
“But it was only a U-turn,” she repeated.
“U-turns are illegal,” the cop said sharply. “And you hit a pedestrian.” The door slammed shut. 
Amy looked at it. It had no handle on the inside. She swallowed hard against the rising nausea as the car started to move. What had she done? Tears burned her eyes.
The journey was short. The officers led her inside the custody suite to the desk. The place stank of sweat and sick. She gave her name and address and handed over all her belongings. The officer took her down to a cell and removed the cuffs. She had to take off her shoes and leave them in the corridor. The door slammed shut, leaving her alone.


Most people know I cast my books, so here is who plays the hero and heroine.
Detective Sgt Dane Philips played by Brad Johnson.

 Amy Childs played by Poppy Montgomery

Both with a British accent of course ;-). If you've read any of my books you'll have met Dane before. He plays a fairly big role in some of them, and especially in Tuesday's Child, which you might say is the prequel to this book, but you don't need to read it first. Turned also contains a few recurring characters--Nate obviously as he's Dane's partner, Liam also pops in once or twice and of course Dane's kids, Jodie and Vicky play a huge role.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...