Boiled Fruit Cake
Defies all known cake baking skills known to man. Or woman.
12oz mixed dried fruit
4oz glace cherries
8oz soft brown sugar
10oz self raising flour
1 large tablespoon marmalade
1.Light oven gas mark 2/150C/300F
2.Put fruit into pan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins.
3. Put ALL other ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Yes, you read that right. Put the flour, marg,
sugar, marmalade and eggs into the bowl at the same time and mix. Trust me. It works.
4. Strain the fruit and tip into the cake mix
5. Stir well.
6. Tip into greased and lined 8inch cake tin.
7. yes i know my pic isn't round. I made 4 littler ones this time. The mix does that.
8. Bake in oven for 2½ to 3hrs. Or if making the 4 smaller ones roughly 45-50 mins.
9. Test with skewer and then cool in tin upside down on a wire rack for 15mins before taking the tin off to