Skip to main content

advent day 21

Pastor Jack looked at himself in the mirror tugged the jacket down over the unaccustomed girth he’d gained. He glanced up and saw the laughter in Cassie’s eyes. Then he rolled his eyes as there was a knock at the door. “Come in.”

Matt and Kyle came in. “You wanted to see...” Matt broke off then he laughed as he saw Jack.

“I told you that you shouldn't have had that extra cake at lunch,” Kyle managed laughing hard.

Jack sulked.

Cassie laughed. “But honey, its such a lovely shade of red.”

“Don’t even go there,” Jack screwed his nose up at her. “It’s not even my colour.”

Cassie handed him the false beard and wig. “But you look cute,” she said, her smile widening as she watched him put them on.

Jack humphed and pulled the hat on. “Not as cute as the three of you will do in these!” He held up three outfits with a huge smirk on his face. Then he laughed as he watched the grins on the faces of the others replaced by horror.

“Oh no,” Cassie said backing away.

“Oh yes,” he said.

Matt shook his head. “Actually we’re all needed at work this afternoon. Stuff to do, lights to put up, trees to decorate...”

“Don’t you dare move!” Jack told them. “If we’re serious about this, then Santa needs his elves. And that is the tree of you.” He handed them the costumes.

Kyle looked hopefully at his wife. “Don't you have anything to say?” he asked hoping that Holly would want them on the other side of the country in the next half an hour.

Holly shook her head. “No, cos you kinda look cute in green.”

Comments

Donna B said…
LOL - oh no, put that elf suit away - I ain't wearing one!

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...