Skip to main content

advent calender day 15

ok so feeling a little better now. on couch with laptop and gonna catch up then doze a little.

Day 15

Kyle stood next to Holly as they looked in wonder at the tree under the pagoda in the centre of the park. It towered above them and the lights and coloured baubles sparkled against the winter snow. Next to it sat a table with cards for Christmas wishes. Several children were making long lists of what they wanted Santa to bring them. Kyle had done the same every year since a small child. The feelings of nostalgia it provoked never changed. Would she think him silly, or would she fill one in, too?

Holly shoved her hands into her pockets. "The tree's beautiful. It puts mine to shame."

Kyle raised an eyebrow. "I think your tree is awesome."

"Uh huh. Not compared with this."

"Compared to mine it is."

"That's because you don't have one."

He hesitated for a moment then pointed a gloved finger at her, his breath hanging on the frosty air. "That'd be it."

Holly tugged her hat down over her ears. "Probably."

Kyle picked up two of the cards and offered her one. "Make a Christmas wish."

"Wishes are for children." She refused to take the card.

Kyle's brow creased. "Then I guess I'm a child." He put his card on the table and picked up a pen, refusing to let her dampen his spirit. "Come on, what's the harm?"

"It's a waste. Not like I'm going to get anything I want. I told Stacey that Santa doesn't exist so there is no point."

"Maybe not. But it's Christmas, Holly. A time for miracles." He could see her wavering and persisted. "Do it for me. Please. It will shut me up."

"It will shut you up?"

"My niece uses that line all the time. It always works."

She raised an eyebrow. "Can you do puppy dog eyes, too?"

Kyle laughed and obliged, rewarded by a smile. He offered the card again. Holly took it and closed her eyes briefly, before she started writing. Kyle watched her for a moment and then wrote his own. He posted it into the box and looked at her. "So what did you wish for?"

"That'd be telling." Holly posted her card into the box.
He checked his watch. "I should be getting back. I've got a perm to do. What are you doing next?"

"I'm going home to put my feet up and watch a film on TV. The movie channel is showing Christmas movies all day long."

"May I walk you to your car?"

"Sure."

He walked next to her, his hand so close to hers it was almost touching. He longed to take hold of it, but didn't want to presume. After a moment, he slid hands into his jacket pockets. They reached her car.

"Thank you," she said smiling at him.

"You're welcome."

Holly got into the car and started to close the door. On impulse he reached out and caught hold of it. It was now or never. "Holly?"

She looked up at him. "Yes?"

wanna read more...buy season for miracles from White Rose or Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...