Skip to main content

Nano

Yes its nearly that time of year again when several thousand crazy ppls across the world attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in a month. Thirty days to be precise. Kick off is Nov 1st. This yr I am aiming for 100k but will settle for between 50 and 75. To that end I found a 75k calander on the nano site for my desktop. Main problem is I don't write on a Sunday, so only have 26 days to complete it.

If I could make my own calander I would, but I am hopeless at making them. Can't get photoshop to co-operate to save my life.

anyway... Nano novel this year stars Emmy Rossum as the heroine and Yannick Bisson as the hero.



Working title: Guilty...of love in the first degree.

Blurb:


Tanith Page, was born deaf. With her hearing dog, Jacob, she runs the florist on the High Street in Headley Cross. An innocent bystander, she becomes an eye witness to the attempted assassination of the Prime Minister. As the only person who can ID the shooter, she becomes the sole property of Detective Sgt Nate Holmes, protective services.
Assigned to protect her, until the assassin is found, Nate finds himself falling hard and fast for her until they are both guilty of love in the first degree.


Extract - obv doesn't count towards word count

Nate looked at her. "Do you have to bring God into everything?"

Tanith nodded. "Of course. Why? Don't you?"

"God is for..." He turned around cutting off the rest of his words as she couldn't read his lips.

Tanith sighed. He knew how infuriating that was and she was sure he did it deliberately at times. She looked down at Jacob who sat by her feet, his nose resting on her lap. "Well I have no idea what he said, but I can make a good guess. God is for church, Sundays and religious nuts. Guess that makes me a fruit cake." She ruffled his ears. "Wanna run around the garden?" She glanced up seeing the scowl on Nate's face deepen. "I'm sure if you ask our friendly police officer nicely he'd let you outside for five minutes."


If you want to follow my progress, there will be updates on here, but my nano page is HERE

Comments

Laura Briggs said…
I like it--you pack a lot of tension into that tiny extract! I've always meant to try the novel in a month challenge but just haven't worked up the nerve:)

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...