Skip to main content

Dilemma....

What do I do?

Nano is two days away. TWO DAYS... and I thought I had it sussed. But this idea just hit me. A time travel romance... heroine thrown back in time, falls in love... yeah then along comes the villian, but with a twist. Hah. Oh I want to write this one....

When Joni Peterson touches a milestone while house sitting for a friend, she is catapulted through time into a world she doesn't recognise. Finding herself 200 years in the past she discovers love in the most unexpected place, namely at the feet of the man whose carriage knocked her down. Lord Sebastian Tyler is being pressure to marry, but has his own ideas on the subject. He has no time for women, especially ones who apparantly attempt suicide under the wheels of his carriage.

Excerpt off the top of my head lol:

"My name's 'attie, miss. Now don' ye go movin' or nothin' til t'master's bin an' sent for t'doctor. Ye took a nasty bang t'noggin under those 'orses 'ooves."

Joni rubbed her head, wishing it would stop spinning. It would also help if the girl wasn't speaking in such a broad dialect. "Horses? I don't remember any horses."

"According to my driver you all but threw yourself under them, madam. He was hard pressed to stop." The distinctly male voice, haughty and disapproving came from the doorway.

Joni turned to look toward the voice. Her eyes widened as the vision of perfect manhood that stood before her. A tall man strode over to the bed, his hands clasped behind his back. His form fitting breeches, shirt, waistcoat and tail coat showed off his slender figure to perfection. Long black hair framed his face and fathomless brown eyes stared down at her as his baritone voice rang out again. "What did you think you were doing running out into the road like that, madam? You could have been killed."

So which do I do. Or do I push the boat out and write both?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...