Skip to main content

Me and Jake by Boo Riley



Blurb

Ty told his twin brother, Cameron, that he felt like something was going to happen to change their lives. Little did he know how prophetic that statement would be, or how soon it would come to pass. What seems like a series of coincidences are anything but, and what’s more amazing, Ty’s coon dog, Jake, might not be a dog at all.

Character Interview   


1.      Tell us you’re your name and a little bit about yourself.

My name is Ty Ray. I have a twin, Cameron, but we don’t look alike. Don’t think alike either, but well, we’re 14 and going into the 9th grade. And I have a coon dog. His name is Jake, and he only has one eye, but he gets by just fine. Besides my brother, Jake is my best friend. He picked me, Jake did. Come out of the woods one day and walked straight to me, wagging his. He’s been by my side ever since.

2.      Tell us where you live and why you chose to live there.

Me and Cameron live back in the woods a piece, just outside of Ozark, Arkansas. We live with our dad and Momma Ray. She isn’t our ma, but that’s what she likes to be called. We haven’t seen out real ma since she signed us over. We didn’t choose to live here, weren’t old enough. Me and Cameron have been talking about that very thing for some time now. We’ve about decided we do have another choice and might make a move at any time.

3.      What is your favorite thing to eat and drink?

I don’t have a favorite thing. Come to think on it, I don’t believe there is anything I don’t like, especially at school. A lot of kids don’t like school lunch. I do. Cameron too. Sometimes, I’ll bring home a school burger or hotdog one of the other kids doesn’t want, so I can share with Cameron and Jake.

4.      Tell us about your special lady. What makes her special?

I don’t have a girlfriend right now. Though, I’d like to talk about stuff like that with my friend Cindy. She is in some of my classes and we ride the bus together. She’s like the morning rain compared to some of my classmates. She listens to me. Looks at me. When we talk, I forget everything but her.



Author Bio

David Arp (AKA Boo Riley) was born in Arizona, raised in Texas, and lives in Colorado. He’s 60, but has only spent half of the past 40 years at home. The other half he traveled and worked the oilfields of the world, from the deserts of the Middle East to the vast oceans offshore. When he’s not busy on a drilling rig, he spends his time writing, floating a river in his raft fly fishing, horseback, or hunting.


Buy links




Social media links


Comments

Emily Conrad said…
I have a coon hound sitting right next to me, watching me as I type this comment. In his case, I'm pretty sure he is in fact a dog ;) Sounds like an interesting story!
Another great interview!
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT
Dave Arp said…
Emily Conrad, Jake is a dog too ... maybe. Thanks for visiting.
Dave Arp said…
Pamela S Thibodeaux, appreciate the visit and the blessing.
Unknown said…
Hi David,

Welcome to the PBG family. I really enjoyed your novel.
Barbara Britton
marilyn leach said…
Fun interview, Dave. Your character seems well developed. Blessings on your work. Cheers
LoRee Peery said…
This was great, it brightened my Monday.
Carol James said…
Wonderful interview. I have a Jack Russell terrier, and you're right. Our dogs often find us. Ours was a rescue, and even though we found her, she owns us.
Dave Arp said…
Thanks for all the comments and well wishes. Blessings to all.

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...