Skip to main content

A blessed blue Christmas by LoRee Peery





 Blurb
Dahlia Delisi has poured her life into her store, The Blue Dahlia.  Once her faith was strong, and her life was on a different course.  But when Sloan Letheby left town, Dahlia drifted away from God.
Sloan Letheby has been transformed. His brush with death brought new meaning to his faith in God, and he needs to right old wrongs.  However, there's a murder plot in the way of his reunion with Dahlia.  Can he find a killer before it's too late?  And can Dahlia accept him...and God, back into her life?

Extract:
The recent activity wiped out Dahlia, and time slowed. Surprisingly, she dozed most of the way back to Lincoln. On the street that housed her duplex, she roused from her lethargy.

Sloan cupped her shoulder, and she sat straight. “I’ll let you know tomorrow if we’ve had any kind of break. Hopefully, this will all be over. Remember to thank the Lord that Ken is going to be fine.”

“Are you sure you don’t think I’m a wimp, the way you’re telling me to take it easy? My little snooze is probably the only rest I’ll get until Christmas. Counting down the days, and Christmas Eve is always the busiest day other than Black Friday. For some reason guys put off that special gift purchase to the last minute. Not that I’m complaining.” She’d forgotten to leave Ken’s bracelet gift for Carrie. It remained in her purse. She unlatched her belt and reached for the door handle.

“Wait. I’ll come around.” He did more than open her pickup door. He pulled her to his side, tucked her against him, and walked her up the drive.

She sighed, relished the familiarity.

Being so near to Sloan erased the years. Dahlia gave no thought to resting her head on his shoulder, falling into an old pattern.

Ever so gently, he shifted his stance so they faced one another. The icicle Christmas lights dripping from the eaves added a golden reflection to his eyes. “I won’t apologize. I can’t resist.”

“What for?”

“Shhh,” he said, sliding a finger across her lips.

He bent forward and replaced his finger with his lips, grazing her cheek with his face. His nose felt cold, but his lips shot fire through her.

Dare she give in? She was too tired to allow her mind influence over the temptation of responding to his touch. This was Sloan after all whose touch and feel at one time were almost an extension of her own body.

She got into the kiss. Within a nanosecond, hands were in motion. His and hers, roaming over arms, shoulders, backs, waists, as though their limbs held memory in the muscles. She skimmed her right hand over the ridge of ribs, firmness of body beneath layers, until her fingers reached his nape. She cupped the base of his skull, where the indented seven-shaped scar registered through her fingertips. Her traveling fingers rose higher and rolled his warm stocking cap into a heap.

He moaned, and pulled them out of the upsurge of heat. “We’ve both wanted this since we laid eyes on each other again.”

She swerved to the side, her world atilt, and bent to retrieve his cap.

He took it from her grasp and balled it into his own fist. Then he picked up her hand with his free one, and lifted her wrist for his caress.

She closed her eyes, marveled that such a minute touch at her pulse held enough force to set her senses on fire.

But she didn’t have time for all that in her life.

She pulled out of his arms. “Thanks for taking me to see Ken today. I need to get inside, and ready for tomorrow.”

His arms dropped to his sides, and he swayed a bit. So he felt shaken as well. “Dream of me tonight, Dahlia. And trust. Ken will be safe. The Lord will work out all the details.”

“There you go again. I’m used to working out my own details.”

Buy link

Bio:
A Nebraska country girl, LoRee Peery attempts to see God’s presence every day. Often that gift comes from nature, and she is most relaxed in the outdoors. The call of a cardinal draws her to look for the distinctive flash of crimson. A meadowlark’s melody always transports her to the farm where she grew up. A rainbow holds special significance, since one appeared the day of her father’s funeral and means the promise of the Lord’s presence in her life. She clings to I John 5:4 and prays her family sees that faith. Frivolities Series available from White Rose Publishing, an imprint of Pelican Book Group.


Comments

LoRee Peery said…
Clare, thanks so much for letting me visit from across the pond. I wish you and yours a healthy, lovely, Christmas season.

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...