Skip to main content

Christmas Day Post by Jess Revell




Christmas Day. by Jess Revell

Mostly everyone thinks that Christmas is about presents and Christmas dinner. But it’s not. 2000 years ago, Jesus was born. Christians celebrate this day by having a Christmas service at church. They would then go and celebrate the day with family. Christmas is celebrated differently in different countries, but this is how we celebrate Christmas in my house in England.
We start of the morning by opening some presents, then we go to church for the Christmas service, we then either come back to my house or go to my grandparents’ house. 
After we arrive, we have a drink and a biscuits whilst mum or grandma or both finish off cooking dinner.
Christmas dinner consists of: Turkey, Roast Potatoes, Roast Parsnips, Carrots, Brussel Sprouts, Peas, Swede, Boiled Potatoes, Pigs in Blankets (Sausages wrapped in Bacon.). Mum makes her own cranberry sauce and bread sauce.
After we have had Christmas dinner and finished pudding, we then watch the queens speech at 3pm. Mum set a rule in our house. We can’t open presents until the queen speech is over. So once, me, my brother and my sister has sat impatiently by the Christmas tree for a whole 10 minutes, the queen speech is over. We finally get to the fun part. Present opening. This is my favourite part about Christmas.
But that isn’t just what Christmas is about. Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus. The birth of Jesus happened 2000 years ago. He was born in a stable in Bethlehem. He was visited by shepherds and 3 wise men. The 3 wise men brought 3 gifts for Jesus, they were: Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh.
If you have never heard of the Christmas story and is wondering ‘How did the shepherds and wise men know about Jesus?’, then I shall tell you. When the shepherds were looking after their sheep, the angels appeared to them and sang ‘Glory to god in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favour rests’.
A star appeared to the wise men. They first were confused but then they decided to follow the star which led them to Jesus.
Once they had got to the stable, the shepherds and the wise men all worshipped Jesus.
So that’s the story of Jesus being born. If you haven’t heard of Jesus before, then let me tell you. Jesus is the king of kings. Lord of lords, he can heal the sick and calm storms. He died on the cross for you. He saved you from your sins. He is the greatest man you will ever hear of.
I hope you have a very merry Christmas J   

BIO:
Jess is 13. She lives in Reading and goes to The Bulmershe School in Woodley where she is currently in Year Nine. 

Comments

Dora Hiers said…
Very nice post, Jess. I'm sorry I'm just now reading this. Sounds like a lovely celebration, and I'm so glad you know the Christ behind the Christmas. Wishing you a fabulous 2013! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...