Skip to main content

New Release. Wisdom Tree by Mary Manners

Two great books release today from Pelican Book Group. Both by great authors. Both gripping reads that will leave you in tears at some point. But each one deserves its own page, so that's what they're getting



Wisdom Tree by Mary Manners


Blurb:
Sometimes the last thing we think we need is exactly what God has planned. 

After the death of his parents, Jake Samuels has enough on his plate—including a fledgling church to lead and a mischievous younger brother to raise. The last thing he needs is a rambunctious woman to contend with. 

Carin O'Malley is dealing with the death of her brother and a new job as an English teacher at East Ridge Middle School where Corey Samuels reigns as King of Chaos. The last thing she needs is to fall in love with a man...especially a handsome and complicated preacher like Corey’s brother Jake. 

But when Corey's antics toss Carin and Jake together, the two must draw from God’s wisdom to find refuge in His perfect plan for them.

Review
I love reading books where the main lead is a pastor. For some reason we always set Pastor's up on a pedestal. They can do no wrong, they always lead sinless lives and somehow seem above the rest of us. Not true. Especially not in this new story from the pen of Mary Manners. Jake may be a pastor, but he's as human as the rest of us. And when he finds himself falling in love, it throws him as much as anyone. Even more so as she's his brothers teacher.
Coming from Ms. Manners this book couldn't disappoint. I've decided that Mary's books are like chocolates. I haven't yet met one I don't like. 
This is one to curl up with on those cold autumn nights.
And it comes with a month's worth of devotional readings. So two books in one.




Comments

Mary Manners said…
Thanks so much, Clare. You are AWESOME!!! This is such a happy day for me, and I'm sure for Mariannne, as well. Thank you, thank you for being so very wonderful!!!
Marianne Evans said…
This book truly touched my heart. What a blessing this book is going to be to so many people! Congrats, Mary on the release of WISDOM TREE!!!!
LoRee Peery said…
My copy came last night, after the driver jumped back in his van because of our big dog running off the porch. I can hardly wait... hope you meet you personally for an autograph, Mary.

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...