Skip to main content

Blast from the past

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin. Once apone a time... (yes my spelling was rotten when i was a child.)

Dad had arranged to have his attic relagged. That meant taking Everything out of it. They now have no bedrooms lol. He's throwing out a lot of stuff...and giving us back what we haven't taken that's ours. Now you'd have thought after 18½ yrs I'd have taken all mine...wrong.

He also found these... hmmm, maybe i cropped the pics too much.

Anyway, these Paris prints were on the walls when I grew up and I loved them. They were a first wedding anniversary pressie for my parents way back in 1965 and they now be mine.


This one I adore. It's called song of the surf. Another print...this time a wedding pressie from 1964. And it too is now mine :D

He also found school reports. Mine from the 70's. Eeeek

July 1975 - All Clare's work will be much better when she learns to present it tidily. I feel that in English, Clare is not producing as high a standard of work as she could.

July 1976 - Clare has worked hard and well all through the year. Her untidy presentation of work is a handicap - but just recently this has shown improvement. She has a lively mind and ability to put thoughts on paper very well.

July 1977 - Clare shows some talent in writing stories and expresses herself imaginatively in clear, consise English using a strong vocabulary.

July 1978 - Very sensitive and imaginative work. Clare has a mature style and wide vocabulary. Spelling sometimes needs attention.

hmm... me sees a pattern developing. BUT... he found more. School work books from 1973!!!! with my first every story in. Here you go. Spelling etc copied straight from said work book.

Thursday, October 4th, 1973

A long time ago in a farr off land lived a witch. She was a wicied witch and she said I will buy a cottge in the wood. And when she moved in the wood. She catght a little girl called Helen. And the witch made her a witch. But they where kind and nice and good. They lived ever after.

Then there's sleeping brety and the first ever little red riding hood. Maybe another time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

Son of the Mountain King by O.R.Sykora

  Blurb:  When an invasion threatens the land of the Mountain King, the fate of the people rests on the shoulders of young governor Judah. She has sworn to prove herself a skillful leader by protecting her kingdom from foes, but difficulty and danger surround her.   Then Judah’s life is saved by two different men who divide her loyalty. One, a fascinating healer, captures the hearts of Judah and her people. The other, a mysterious shepherd, forces Judah to question what she believes to be true.   When a conspiracy comes to light that could destroy Judah and her kingdom, a single choice might cost her people everything. Will the headstrong leader prove herself—or find herself trapped? Extract:    This was always my favorite part.   At a signal, a few young men stepped forward bearing beautifully ornamented boxes. The wood was intricately carved with mountain settings and animals, with graceful accents of gold and precious stones. The first young ma...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...