Skip to main content

And the muse ran away with the storm


Meet Cade. My muse. My very fickle muse who goes on long vacations without telling me, likes chocolate and cookies and Hillsong. Hates sponge bob, hannah montana and football.
He also like writing himself into the story as the hero. Hmmm... maybe that's who Rob is lol.

Well I saved Sky and am waiting on the rest back from my CP now. Then its send it off and hope this time she says yes. It's the last attempt at this publisher with this one.


I started a new short yeterday. No I haven't finished the Christmas one but this one demanded writing, so I ran with it.


Almost 4k in less than 2 days. My fingers hurt. Course that doesn't include the 13k i retyped on Sky before i found an easy way to do it.


Must go find a Scottish translator for this one tho. My Scottish light house keeper keeps lapsing into Queen's English. See:-


----

Angus came up behind her. “Told ye, lassie. It’s going tae be a bad’un. I hope that young man o’yours made it back.”


“First, he’s not my young man. He’s some fisherman I’ve spoken to on the radio.”


Angus laughed. “Some fisherman who makes your eyes sparkle and your creamy skin flush each time ye speak tae him. I seen in it my own girls and in my wife.”


“How is Rachel?” Kaylie tried changing the subject. From the position Rob gave her, he was too far out to make port in time.


“She’s fine. Taken the car and the cat and headed twenty miles inland.”


Kaylie did a double take. “Twenty miles inland? It’s a bit of rain.”


“Lassie, lassie, lassie. Dinnae ye hear the weather?”


----


oops. oh well. Back to my tusnami now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...