About Me

My photo
Clare writes inspirational romance, usually of a suspenseful nature. Her books are available through her publisher Pelican Book Group and Amazon. She is married with three kids and lives in the UK. She loves watching sci-fi, crime drama, cross stitching, reading and baking.

Thursday, 20 January 2011

and the muse ran away with the plan

Seriously. I was doing my chapter plans - literally the first draft is done in note form the old fashioned way by pencil and on narrow feint paper. Don't ask, but it has to be narrow feint paper. I knew what I wanted to happen.

Then Cade appears. Cade is my muse

And all of a sudden things are happening that weren't meant to. Well what's a girl to do? Argue with him? I tried.

Even set Evan on him. Evan the inner editor.
It didn't work. And now Cade has decided to go away, leaving me with Patrick having had a nuclear warhead dropped on him. Not literally, but the poor guy is shaking and feeling sick and in knots and Eleanor is crying cos she didn't want to tell him like this.
Maybe I take away Cade's cookie rations for the next week until he decides to play nice. Reckon that would work?

1 comment:

Wendi Zwaduk said...

I have that problem. My muses can't just decide which story to tell so I end up getting them mixed all around. :)