Skip to main content

Billie's Christmas Adventure by Clare Revell

 


Billie the elf lives on the bottom of Laurel’s bed. Laurel loves everything about elves and wanted one of her very own. Unfortunately, real elves are very shy. So, over the summer, Gramma crocheted one that Laurel could keep.

At the beginning of December, Laurel got an Advent calendar, which started the countdown to Christmas. This got Billie thinking. What was Christmas? And why does so much go on in the four weeks of the period known as Advent?

Billie can’t wait to find out as she and Laurel open the Advent calendar each morning. These are their adventures.

extract:

Billie took a deep breath and admired her handiwork. It needed one more thing. She eyed up the ribbon and the bells, before deciding on the silver bell. She tied it onto the wreath and sighed happily. It was perfect.

She lowered the wreath to the chair before jumping down beside it. Then she lowered it to the floor and jumped beside it. Now all she had to do was carry it across the room and up onto the windowsill. As she reached the cat basket, the tinsel rustled, and the bell jingled.

Sox opened her eyes and hissed.

Billie froze.

After a moment Sox yawned and closed her eyes.

Billie sighed with relief and began creeping again. She reached the window. How was she going to climb back up while holding the wreath? Normally she clambered up the curtain, but she needed two hands for that. Getting down was easy, getting up this time wouldn’t be.

“Problems, Billie?” came a voice beside her.

Billie jumped and almost dropped the wreath. “Sox. I thought you were asleep.”

“You thought wrong. Need a paw?”

Billie frowned, confused. “Why would I want paws?”

“Can I help you?” Sox explained. “Laurel would say do you need a hand, but I only have paws. You can’t climb and carry at the same time, so would you like a paw?”

“Please.” Billie had no idea how Sox could carry and climb at the same time, but she wasn’t going to turn down the offer of help.

Aimed at 4-8 yr olds, but honestly enjoyed by everyone who's read it no matter their age, so make that 4-80 somethings, this story follows Billie through her first Christmas, with the help of Laurel, her older brother Cameron, Mummy, Daddy and Sox the cat.


Amazon UK   

Amazon US

Paperback link to follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...