Skip to main content

Someone To Trust by Lesa Henderson

 



Blurb:


Megan McCormick doesn't leave Atlanta looking for love. Far from it. She runs to the mountain town of Laurel Crest to flee from her past and a broken heart. When she's knocked over by Lee Grainger, handsome veterinarian and lover of small-town living, Megan's life takes an unexpected turn.

Tired of fast-paced city life, Lee is considering a permanent move to the mountains. His run-in with Megan has him believing he's in Laurel Crest for more than a partnership in an animal hospital.

After a case of mistaken identity is cleared up, Megan and Lee strike up a friendship. Lee is everything Megan ever wanted—smart, loyal and dedicated to his faith. But Megan has experienced deep betrayal twice, and she's reluctant to give romance another try.

Can Megan come to terms with the secret that haunts her, get past her distrust of men, and accept the love Lee offers or will her heart be broken again?


Exceprt:


Lee turned toward her. “Megan?”  She had not turned the lights on, but the moon was shining brightly enough that she could read the confusion on his face. She knew what she should do but she didn’t have the courage. Maybe she could wait. Sleep on it and maybe an answer would come to her. She couldn’t bear to let him go. Not now, not when she’d just found him. She looked up at his handsome face etched with lines of concern as he waited for her to answer him. He was such a gentle, caring man. He was her gentle giant. Without thought, Megan wrapped her arms around him and laid her head against his chest. 


 “I’m okay,” she said, her voice muffled against his chest. “I’m just tired.” That wasn’t untrue. She was tired and scared. And, she completely disliked Felicia. She supposed she should pray about that. Later. As if reading her thoughts, Lee offered gently, 


“Look, I’m really sorry about Felicia. She can be…well…she can really be something else. I had no idea—” 


“It’s okay—really. I shouldn’t have let it get to me and I shouldn’t have responded the way I did. I can’t picture you with someone like that.”


Lesa Henderson. Someone to Trust . Pelican Book Goup. Kindle Edition.



BEHIND THE SCENES:   I wanted to tell a story of someone who was very broken by her father’s betrayal.  So many of us have suffered father wounds that greatly impact our lives, even down the road.  As the story began forming  in my mind, I wondered what would happen if Megan became the very thing she despised her father for?  How would that impact her life?  Of course this brought up the issues of forgiveness.  Not only the ability to forgive those who have hurt us and to accept the forgiveness our Heavenly father offers us through his son, but also the grace to forgive ourselves.  I don’t want to give too much away, but hopefully those elements will be clear to readers and speak to them on both an emotional and spiritual level.



Biography

Lesa Henderson discovered she loved to write at age 10 when she won her first writing contest. At age 13 she began submitting manuscripts. Since that time, she's been crafting articles and stories that have been published in national magazines and as non-fiction books and novels. She partners with her husband Ken as a screen-writer and filmmaker. Together they wrote, directed and produced Hope Has A Name, an award-winning documentary about ordinary women bringing extraordinary hope in unlikely places.


Lesa's a native Floridian, a hopeless romantic, wife to her child-hood sweetheart Ken. She’s the mother of three grown children, Brandon, Tiffany and Destiny and seven amazing grandchildren. She enjoys traveling the world or just hanging out with Ken at new restaurants and at home with their Schnauzer - Lilo and Phantom Poodle - Groucho. Lesa also tends to be a bit quirky and has an unhealthy obsession with buttercream icing.

Buy links - Pelican Book Group  

                  Amazon US  

                 Amazon UK

Comments

Sounds like a lovely story, Lesa.
Good luck and God's blessings with it and to you too, Clare!
PamT
LoRee Peery said…
On my Kindle, Lesa. I look forward to reading it.

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...