Skip to main content

Long time no blog

So it's been a very long time and no blog, but i'm back and hoping to do better now. I have a couple of posts in the works, but for now i thought i'd fill you in on what's been going on. Other than the fact the keyboard is refusing to capitalise I's properly all the time.

First, I signed three contracts last week for new books, all with Pelican Book Group. One is for Dutch Crocus, a free bonus book for the end of my Flower series. One for a new passport to romance called Welsh Wildfire. And the third for my Christmas Extravaganza book for this year - A Mummy For Christmas. More on those in a later post.

Second, we've had really hot weather here. Up in the high eighties, low nineties. All with no air conditioning.
Tilly hasn't been impressed at all.  She either hides in the grass pretending to be a grow bag, or under the table in the lounge.

Third - and the most scariest - my youngest daughter left school in the middle of June. We now just have to wait for her exam results before she decides what to do next.

I'm crocheting in a big way. Having made a blanket for a single bed and several pram blankets, I'm now doing a blanket for our double bed. A mere 400 plus squares. (And i thought that 240 for the single one was bad enough.) There will be pictures at some point, but right now it's just a mess of individual coloured squares.

Not long now until November Charlie comes out. More on that in the next post. Or maybe the one after.

And it won't be so long between posts next time. And my intent is that they won't all be book reviews now.

Comments

Laura Briggs said…
Congrats on the new book contracts, Clare! Wish I had remembered the submission deadline on Christmas Extravaganza books (but it's hard writing Christmas books in the spring, lol!).
Clare Revell said…
I always start my Christmas one in November. Thus I'm writing it at the right time of year.

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...