Skip to main content

Another day, another disaster in my house.

Twas on a Monday afternoon hubby decides to play in the garden...

Once upon a time there was a fish pond in danger of becoming a fish garden...but that's another story. Anyway, this fish pond has a problem with algae and needs to be cleaned once a week. So it's owner decided to install a pump.

unfortunately it runs off the mains which means the electric bits are in a bowl under the bucket. But a plan was forged to wire it through a junction box and into the house. Via a handy hole a cable ran through. The theory was this was the now defunct terrestrial ariel
But it was the Sky TV cable. :( So since Monday this poor author has been with out TV downstairs.
No disney channel - yayayayayayay. No Wimbledon :( But most important of all. No hunky Aussie Special rescue ops guys. Well downstairs. Upstairs is a sep sky box with sep cable. So yay for said hunky aussie guys in the bedroom. Well one of them does share hubby's name :O
Get your minds out the gutter. I watch said programme with my 12yr old daughter and hubby usually.
So tonight I emptied out the sideboard. See contents of sideboard on table. And under table. And next to table....
This is where the sideboard goes. The sky repair man needs to relay cables along that wall. Then i get to put it all back again.

The good news.... said sky box is covered for accidental damage which includes men with shears. Just as well really.

And the moral of this story children.... Never let hubby anywhere near a cable with a pair of shears. Ever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I solemnly swear to learn from your mistake! I will NOT allow my hubby near the shears if there's a cable within a quarter mile... LOL Poor Clare!
Clare Revell said…
Thanks Delia :) At least he's coming today. Hopefully the rain will hold off for him to put a new cable in. Tho he won't like the fact its not connected to the phone, but as there is 3 ins of bare wire there, he can fix that too ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...