Skip to main content

Guest Author, Marianne Evans

Today to mark the release of her new short story A Face in the Clouds we have Marianne Evans

Marianne is a multi-published author of contemporary romance novels. Her professional career began when Kensington Publishing purchased her book, Friends & Lovers. Her second offering, Right Hand Man, followed shortly thereafter. Her third release from Kensington, Hannah’s Heart, won critical acclaim from reviewers and in the local media.

Her fourth book is her inspirational romance debut at White Rose Publishing – an award-winning novel entitled Hearts Crossing. Hearts Crossing led to the creation of a four-book Christian romance series: The Woodland Series. Book 2, Hearts Surrender, released in late 2010 with Books 3 and 4 – Hearts Communion and Hearts Key, slated for late 2011 and early 2012 release. A Woodland Series Bonus Story, A Face in the Clouds, is an Easter-themed short story, also from White Rose Publishing.

Recent awards include:

Hearts Crossing:

Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Finalist

CAPA Finalist

5-Star Review, The Romance Studio

5-Star Review, Coffee Time Romance


Hearts Surrender –

Christian Small Publishers Association Book of the Year Finalist

4-Star Review, Romantic Times Magazine

5-Star Review & Book of the Week, The Romance Studio

5-Klover Review & Recommended Read, Kwips & Kritiques

A lifelong resident of Michigan, Marianne is an active member of Romance Writers of America and the Greater Detroit RWA where she served the chapter in a number of capacities, but most notably for two terms as Chapter Treasurer and two terms as Chapter President. She also belongs to the Faith Hope and Love chapter of RWA, American Christian Fiction Writers and the Michigan Literary Network.

Marianne loves to connect with readers ~ find her at:

www.marianneevans.com

www.marianneevans.blogspot.com.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Marianne-Evans/308711716744


BLURB – A FACE IN THE CLOUDS

Reporter Paul Hutchins is all about finding facts and uncovering the truth. Verification, authenticity and quantification are the fuel of his spirit…Until he falls in love with producer Sandy Pierson.

Sandy sees Christ alive in every aspect of her life. No need for quantified facts. Faith is the fuel of her spirit . But her love for Paul puts her at odds with God's call toward faith and all of its mysteries.

Paul considers Christianity to be well-meaning myth—hyperbole. To Sandy, it’s everything—and she can accept nothing less from the man she loves.

Can a miracle happen? Can the touch of God Himself keep their relationship from shattering?

EXCERPT – A FACE IN THE CLOUDS

“I know how deeply you feel things, Paul. You have a wonderful heart. That’s part of why I love you so much. I’m torn in two about my feelings for you.” Sandy’s declaration would have filled him were it not chipped and cracked by the impact of her doubts.

“Your reporter’s instinct toward authenticity and revealing the truth is a big part of what I admire about you. There’s nothing wrong with facing the world honestly, but you need to make room for a few other truths.”

“Like God.”

“Yes, and the fact that life holds as much mystery, and as many intangibles, as it does realistic things you can hold tight with both hands.”

She wanted him to change. Right down to the soul. Paul continued to study her. She was hurt enough that she had almost stepped away from attending tonight’s event—out of a frustrated sense of love. Yet here they were—together—out of a frustrated sense of love.

And if he wasn’t mindful of her beliefs, she’d step away from him.

Paul navigated the rapidly-filling parking lot of Woodland Church. Once they stopped, he killed the car engine and used a restraining hand to keep Sandy in place. He closed the space between them and gave her a kiss that lingered and thoroughly tasted. He felt the gesture ease a bit of the tightness in her shoulders and back. “I’ll keep an open mind, OK?”

She touched his face, and there was yearning in her eyes. “Keep an open heart. That’s much more important.”

Clare's Review.

Marianne Evans does it again in this amazing short read 'A Face in the Clouds'. Grabbing the attention right from the start it doesn’t let up until you turn the last page. Paul’s struggle with what is seen vs unseen is something that everyone can empathise with. As much as he wants to please Sandy by sharing her faith and removing the last obstacle to their love, he can’t in all honesty do that. He prefers fact to faith. Yet when he sees something no one else does, he’s not prepared for the resulting impact. I have never come across the form of ministry mentioned in this story, but reading it made me want to check out the web link in the letter from the author at the end and I’m glad I did. Definitely a 5 star keeper, this bonus book of the Woodland Church series shouldn’t be missed.


Comments

Dora Hiers said…
Good morning, Clare and Marianne!

Congratulations, Marianne, on writing a tremendous story that offers compelling evidence for Christianity, well-written dialogue, and three-dimensional characters with strong religious differences. I couldn’t put the book down until I discovered how you resolved their personal conflict! And the ending? Oh, so sweet.

Great job, Marianne!
Marianne Evans said…
Thank you so much, Mary and Dora - I really apprecaite the visit, as well as your encouraging support and care!! God bless you both, and HAPPY EASTER!! :-)
Tanya Stowe said…
This is on my TBR list. Can't wait! Especially after I read Dora's great comments!
Raquel Byrnes said…
So excited for this new release, Marianne! It sounds like a touching tale. Congratulations.
Edge of Your Seat Romance
Marianne Evans said…
Raquel and Tanya, thanks so much for taking the time to visit! I love this story very much - it was the perfect answer to readers who wanted to know what happened to Collin Edwards' fiancee from Hearts Crossing, and it gave me the opportunity to let people know exactly how I feel about the TRUTH of Christ's ressurection! :-)
JoAnn said…
Marianne, you are one busy lady! :)
I haven't had the chance to read this story yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Have a blessed Easter!
LoRee Peery said…
Marianne, I just put this story on my e-reader. I will read it after Bible study tonight. Thank you for the inspirational review, Clare.
May your thoughts be on the cross in the coming days.
Marianne Evans said…
JoAnn, thank you so much for the encouragement!! Have a blessed Easter as well - you're a very special rose, and lady!!
Marianne Evans said…
LoRee, AMEN - I'd like to share a bit of reflection I found about Good Friday - I pray it blesses one and all who read it - it comes from an internet ministry at St. Monica's Parish in Indianapolis, Indiana for Good Friday's scripture readings:

Did silent tears roll down His mother’s face? The child she held, nursed, trained, and believed in. The son she encouraged to step up and become who He was. His parched voice expressed his thirst. How many times she had responded to that statement before. And now, nothing, nothing at all she could do. Except be present. To be witness. To try to be open to the greater meaning: No greater love.
Donna B said…
Thank you for he Easter story, Marianne, I plan on enjoying it while we vacation in Florida.
Marianne Evans said…
Ahhh....vacation in sunny, warm Florida - Donna, can I be a stow away in your suitcase?? Here in Michigan we just got rid of 2 inches of snow that fell a few days ago. I'm so ready for Spring, and I'm so glad it's getting here - slowly but surely!!

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...