Skip to main content

We got a white Easter

it snowed for a couple hours, didn't lay but who cares? The definition of a white chirstmas is it has to fall on the day so we took the same for a white easter!as i type its snowing again now with more forecast for tomorrow. Don' t really want it to lay though, cos i'm back at work tomorrow for nine days before term ends here.

watched a film on Sat - disaster zone: volcano in new york. It wasn't bad - only cost me £3 from the amazon market place as its a region 1. CGI effects were rubbish. Even C, my 12 yr old who loves disaaster films like I do, was sat here going - that's it??? That's meant to be lava???? It was so obviusly faked.It did however star Matthew Bennett - cylon Doral - as an FBI agent who was insistant right to the end it was a terrorist attack and not a volcano.

one thing that annoyed me tho - one guy was there when they discovered the tremors were harmonic and therefore caused by rising magma. Did he tell the USGS lady when she suggested the gas could be caused by a volcano? No. Did he meniton it at all? No. That seemed to go unmentioned ever again and immediately forgotten.

on the other hand, the book i'm currently reading - Volcano by Richard Doyle - is very good even if it does portray the ppl of Maine as twits. I'm sorry, but its based last yr okay - THREE yrs after the tsunami - which is constantly mentioned. The tide goes out - a heck of a long way and then comes flooding back in far further in than normal. Do they link this to the volcanic activity on La Palma? Uh no. It's a high tide! At the wrong time of day.Yeah right.Then it happens again - time corresesponds exactly again. Thsi time its a heavily laden gas tanker in the Sound going too fast. Even though its obvious the tanker would not go towards the shore due to a fire on the docks and is in difficulty as are the rest of the yachts in the harbour.

Sigh.I'm sorry, but even my kids know that if your on a beach and the tide suddenly goes out and out and out and out and its not high or low tide.... you leg it inland FAST. You don't stand there going oh look - where's the water gone!? I'm all for suspense but pls it needs to be believable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author - Delia Latham.

As part of her blog tour today we welcome author Delia Latham. To the commentators of any of the stops on her tour she is offering two (2) $10 gift certificates to White Rose Publishing which will be awarded after the tour. Winners will be drawn from all the comments left at all of the blogs during the 3-week event. The drawing takes place on June 1st. As an added bonus anyone who comments today/on this entry will be entered in a draw to receive a copy of Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. Down the page is a little about her recent release from White Rose Publishing - Yesterdays Promise . The link will take you straight to it :) Now - an interview :) First off, could you tell us a little about yourself and how long you've been writing. Do you write everyday? How does each session start? How do you proceed? How, where and why does it end? I’m a born-and-bred California girl, recently transplanted to Oklahoma when my husband was medically retired and needed to move out of the area ...

A Stalker To Die For by Katy Eeten

  A Stalker to Die For by Katy Eeten I began writing this book at least ten years ago. But as often happens, I hit a writing roadblock and put the manuscript to the side. At the time, I wasn’t sure how to make the plot more intriguing or how to give the story a satisfying conclusion. Instead, I focused my efforts on writing five different contemporary Christian novels and novellas over the past several years. But something kept drawing me back to this storyline, so I knew I had to finish it. A Stalker to Die For was my first attempt at adding suspense into the mix—and it was easier said than done! But I finally completed it. And thanks to a great editor, this book guides readers through a variety of emotions while walking the line between romance, faith, and a suspenseful thrill or two. See for yourself! Trailer:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8agLq6kpUY Amazon link:   https://www.amazon.com/Stalker-Die-Katy-Eeten-ebook/dp/B0GS7ND8LC/ Social Media Links: Facebook:...

Rhonda Parrish Interview

Today’s and tomorrow's guest is Rhonda Parrish, author of Sister Margaret. Today I'm putting her under the spotlight and interrogating her, uh asking her questions. Tomorrow I turn the blog over to her completely. Review of Sister Margaret. Sister Margaret is a short story about a vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman who are hired by a priestess to take care of an undead pimp. It’s written from the POV of Michael, who has never forgiven himself for abandoning his friend when they were younger. Determined to use this mission to put things right and make it up to her, Michael sets off, only to find things aren’t what they appeared to be. The book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was fast paced from the start and its twists and turns make for gripping reading. The descriptions meant I had vivid images in my mind throughout the book. At just over 4000 words, Rhonda wastes none of them, throwing you straight into the story and leaving you breathless at the en...