Skip to main content

Shadows from the past - Ashley Dawn

“…It is the price you pay for choosing to be a cop. Your brother’s life…”

Those words haunt her dreams, and her waking moments. LAPD officer, Aurora Kavvan cannot rest until she finds her brothers killer. Digging into the past always brings back unpleasant things: memories, guilt…the hit man. Now she is in a race against time to find the murderer before he finds her.

“Kill her. I don’t care how, and I don’t care where, but I want her dead now!”

Someone was trying to kill his dead partner’s sister. FBI agent, Jordan Reiley will stop at nothing to protect the woman he loves. Even if it means going against her wishes; putting himself between her and the man who murdered her brother.

Will God keep them alive long enough for them to find the truth?


For a change rather than interview the author, I interviewed the hero and heroine :)

Hero

Tell us your name and a little bit about yourself?
My name is Jordan Reiley and I'm an FBI agent. I love the job I do, I feel I am making a difference in the world and helping keep the peace. I get a wonderful sense of accomplishment when a criminal is brought to justice.

Tell us about where you live and why you choose to live there?
I live in LA. This is where I was initially sent from the academy. I grew to love it here and it helps that some of my siblings live here now as well. I do miss home, in Arkansas, but I comensate by having a little place of my own outside of town.

What is a quirk of your personality that most people wouldn't know?
Though I love the thrill of my job, sometimes I get the most gratification from working a day on the farm with my father. I feel closer to God and the physical labor makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

What obstacles did you have to overcome in order to reach your Happily-ever-after?
My ex-fiance's feelings of betrayal and guilt. She believes she is responsible for her brother's death and that God didn't help him when he needed Him most. Not to mention the killer trying to get to her and the man who sent him!

Tell us about your special lady. What makes her special?
Where to start? Her personailty, temper, heart, mind. Everything about her is special.

The first time you saw her, what did you think? Did you like her immediately, or did she have to grow on you?
I thought, how am I going to get this woman to date me and her brother not strangle me? Lance was my partner and I think he knew as soon as he saw the goofy look on my face that I was a goner!

Pepsi or coke
Coke. It isn't as sweet tasting to me.

tea or coffee
Coffee. I have to have my coffee in the morning or I am told that I'm a bear to work with!

elephant or tiger
Tiger. They are stealthy and lithe...powerful and beautiful. Wonderful creatures.

roast dinner or burger and chips (fries for our US readers)
Roast dinner. I get enough burgers and fries from drive througs that when I get the chance at a 'home cooked' meal, I would rather something different.

classical music or pop
Classical. It is usually soothing and relaxing.

sunrise or sunset
Sunset. Aurora is never awake for sunrise....at least not voluntarily!

walk or run
Run. I enjoy the feel of the ground under my feet and the scenery flying by.

chocolate or crisps (chips for our US readers)
Chips. I love to munch on them!
Heroine

Tell us your name and a little bit about yourself?
Hi! I'm Aurora Kavvan. I am an LAPD officer and am occasionally told that I focus too much on work to avoid emotional problems. My brother was murdered a few years ago and left me with no relatives so I've made a family of heart instead of blood. I love them as if they were my actual siblings and would do anything for them.

Tell us about where you live and why you choose to live there?
I live in LA. It is where I have always lived and I stayed to find my brothers killer. Also, it is where the love of my life, Jordan Reiley is.

What is a quirk of your personality that most people wouldn't know?
I try to believe that no one notices that I use my temper and anger to cover my 'girly' feelings, but I'm afraid a few people have guessed that.

What obstacles did you have to overcome in order to reach your Happily-ever-after?
A killer, drug lord, traitor, myself & my issues with God. Mostly, what was keeping me from it was myself. I didn't think I deserved it.

Tell us about your knight in shining armour. What makes him so special?
Jordan Reiley is a wonderful man. He is caring, charming, good looking, has a wonderful family and he thinks I'm beautiful. :) I would have to say his steady faith is what makes him perfect for me!

The first time you saw him, what did you think? Did you like him immediately, or did he have to grow on you?
I thought he was amazingly handsome and that I wouldn't stand a chance. He was nice & charming. I'm not sure my brother didn't know before either of us that we would end up together. He introduced us and it is just one of the many things he did for me.

Pepsi or coke
Coke. I just like it better but there isn't much difference.

tea or coffee
Coffee...usually Jordan's!

elephant or tiger
Tiger. It reminds me of Jordan :)

roast dinner or burger and chips (fries for our US readers)
I usually subsist off burgers and fries so if given the option, I would have to say roast just for something different.

classical music or pop
Pop. I like my music to have some umph!

sunrise or sunset
Sunset, absolutely! I'm not a morning person at all.

walk or run
Run. I have to stay in shape for work and running is a release for my stress.

chocolate or crisps (chips for our US readers)
Chocolate!!! There is just no other option for me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author interview - Nicola Beaumont

Today we have author Nicola Beaumont with us. Nicola has written several books including The Lighthouse which I am spotlighting today. BLURB: DANGEROUS LIAISON... Rachel is in love with her best friend, but when Malachi doesn't seem interested, she turns to an international stranger whom she meets on the internet. At first, conversation is just a pastime, but soon, romantic fantasies form in her mind. Why not consider a man who travels across an ocean to meet her-a man who makes her feel wanted? After all, Malachi might as well be a world away-even if his concern does seem genuine when he warns her about the intriguing Frenchman. RESCUE ON THE WAY... Malachi has sworn not to interfere in Rachel's relationship, but he's in love with the head-strong woman who is determined to continue her budding romance...Yet, Malachi senses something isn't right about the playboy who has suddenly consumed Rachel's time, so he vows to save her from the stranger-and herself-even

Falling Forever by Katherine Robles

  Blurb Hillary is stifled by an entry level IT job in the Virginia suburbs and longs to move to Washington D.C. where she can make a difference in the world. When Javier comes to her rescue in Great Falls National Park, Hillary likes everything about him except for the gorgeous fiance hanging on his arm. But things are not as they seem and he enlists her help to renovate a homeless shelter. Romance blossoms over paintbrushes and pipes until a career launching opportunity arises. Hillary can chase her dreams, but they might cost her Javier’s heart.       Excerpt Javier cast a shadow over her placemat as he delivered her glass of water. He rounded the table, apparently unaware that the whole family was watching him with interest. When he got to the other side of Mom, Hillary willed him to make eye contact and gave a little wave in greeting. “Hi,” she said. Javier retracted the hand that was lowering Coryn’s water. His lips parted like a curtain to reveal his pearly whites. “Well, if it

Wooing Gertrude by Jodie Wolfe

  Blurb   Enoch Valentine has given up finding peace for his past mistakes. He throws everything he has into being the new part-time deputy in Burrton Springs, Kansas while maintaining the foreman position at a local horse ranch. But when trouble stirs on the ranch, he questions whether he's the right man for either job. Peace has been elusive for most of Gertrude Miller's life, especially under the oppressiveness of an overbearing mother. She takes matters into her own hands and sends for a potential husband, while also opening her own dress shop. Gertrude hopes to build a future where she'll find peace and happiness. Will either of them ever be able to find peace?   First Page Peek   Burrton Springs, Kansas August 4, 1877   Gertrude Miller’s life couldn’t get any better. She grinned, patting her pocket. Her fingers traced the two skeleton keys. After months of planning and preparing she finally had moved into her own place a week ago, away from the overbearing reach of he